Imagine being a data and programming guru and understanding the intricacies of banking and insurance.
A leading consulting house in the Financial Services industry is looking for an experienced data professional to join their team as a data engineer at a consultant or manager level.
A Typical day for a Data Engineer will include:
- Solving complex industry specific problems.
- Performing data analysis and data mining on large datasets.
- Designing and building technical frameworks to ETL data from various sources.
- Utilising applications such as SQL or 'big data' technologies.
- Facilitating solutions/applications throughout the different project lifecycles.
- Advising clients on data architecture and database design.
- Provide support to data and business analysts.
- Engaging with senior stakeholders and clients.
- Continuously developing business knowledge and technical skills in the areas in which consulting services are provided.
A successful candidate must have:
- Hold a relevant university degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Data degree with strong preference for a post graduate qualification.
- Have two years or more of relevant experience in Banking.
- Possess in-depth knowledge and experience in SQL.
- Have experience with other power platform applications.
- Have experience processing large amounts of structured or unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources.
- Have knowledge of other scripting languages. (Java, C++, Python, and R)
- Have knowledge and experience with cloud solutions such as Azure, AWS or GCP
The ideal Consultant also:
- Has an enquiring mind and is eager to learn and improve their professional skillset.
- Is able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Is enthusiastic and regards themselves as a high performer.
- Has exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Is sociable and enjoys interacting with others, both at work and at social events.
- Works well independently and in a team.