Xcede are working with one of the world's largest sports betting and gaming organisations in their search for a Data Engineer to work on real time odds prediction. You'll be building out both batch and stream pipelines to ensure that the Data Unit has all the information needed to be as competitive as possible.
This is a chance to join an extremely talented Data Engineering team (supported by a wider Analytics Unit of circa 70) who take training and career growth seriously.
- Building data pipelines to handle a huge amount of sporting event-based data.
- Maintaining software engineering best practice within the Data team.
- Contribute to sporting event led data modelling.
- Contributing to identifying data led opportunities to the business and communicating them to various stakeholders
- Relevant commercial Data Engineering experience (can be in different sectors, but sports / betting is a bonus)
- BSc or MSc in a relevant area is a bonus
- Strong Python experience
- Experience working in containerised environments, including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience eploying software in AWS cloud environments
- Spark & Kafka experience is a bonus
If this role interests you and you would like to find out more, please contact us via niall.wharton@Xcede.com (feel free to include a CV for review).
We're consistently working on a large number of Data Engineer requirements that are not always advertised here, so even if this role isn't the one for you, please do get in touch!