Cyber Security Analyst
We have a current opportunity for a Cyber Security Analyst on a contract basis. The position will be based in Luton. For further information about this position please apply.
An IT Security Analyst is required to focus on the detection, investigation and response to cyber security events and incidents. Other tasks involve BAU security tasks, supporting cyber security projects and assisting with regulatory compliance. The role will involve using a diverse security toolset and the successful applicant will build extensive experience in all areas of cyber security.
Daily tasks will involve the following:
- Endpoint monitoring and analysis
- Incident readiness and handling as part of the CSIRT team
- Monitor and administer Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Malware analysis and forensics research
- Understanding/ differentiation of intrusion attempts and false positives
- Investigation tracking and threat resolution
- Vulnerability identification & mitigation / remediation
- Compose security alert notifications
- Help develop cyber security process & procedures
- Advise incident responders & other teams on threat
- Triage security events and incidents apply containment and mitigation/remediation strategies.
- Generate reports and document security incidents / events
- To take a pro-active approach in this job role, through monitoring the performance of systems and making regular routine inspections of installed equipment and taking corrective avoidance actions to prevent wider problems.
- Act as the point of escalation for the Service desk for security related tickets
- Analysis of weekly vulnerability scans and add the risks to the risk register
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- A well organised and structured approach to work planning, time allocation to tasks, and a flexible approach to daily routines to deliver the desired results.
- An ambition to constantly learn new skills and develop knowledge, with an understanding that study time outside of working hours may be required for career development.
- Credible knowledge/experience in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Credible knowledge/experience of Active Directory, Group policies, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and Exchange Server.
- Capable of effectively multi-tasking, prioritizing work, and handling competing interests
- Capable of analysing information technology logs and events sources preferred
- Working knowledge of data storage systems, data backup and restoration methods.
- Understanding of security tooling, its purpose and functionality (Anti-Malware, IPS, Web and Email Gateways, security analysis tools, web security tools, next generation firewall/UTMs)
- All successful candidates must have 5 years work history and permanent residence status for the UK aviation security vetting process.
- A very good team working ethic, communicating with colleagues in a clear and professional manner, whilst maintaining a customer-service based approach. The ability to work alone using own initiative and managing support calls to a high standard
- Contribute credibly to IT department's delivery of SLAs and other support targets
- Self-motivated to advance own knowledge & gain formal qualifications
- IT Qualifications / Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+
- IT Helpdesk experience or knowledge
Cyber Security Operation Centre experience