We are looking for an experienced Controls and Support Engineer to join a newly formed Support and Small Projects Team in Sheffield.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading Control, Automation and Safety Systems Integrator with over 20 years engineering competence in the local area. The overview of this new varied and interesting role includes:
- Office based role with site support visits to local companies
- Providing PLC, HMI, SCADA and LV Electrical support for varied client base
- Participation working on control system projects
- Undertake modifications to existing electrical control systems
- On-site control system support when required
- Preparation of quotations for new projects and support contracts
- Participate in company 24/7 on-call rota
- Asist Support Manager with provision of support contracts
- Undertaking of work/support offshore for the oil and gas sector
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resolving of control system support issues relating to PLC, HMI, SCADA and Various communications methods via office remote connection or site visit.
- Participating in annual maintenance visits to various local sites to undertake backups and quotation capture.
- Participate in the company 24/7 callout rota. This will be approx.
- Preparation of quotations including upgrades, replacements and enhancements of existing equipment and systems.
- Work on small control system projects full lifecycle from quotation stage through to final commissioning.
- Asist project teams with large control system projects when required.
- Help the Support Manager increase the Small Projects and Support workload by generating further work with existing clients.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience using various Rockwell Automation PLC, HMI and SCADA packages predominantly: RSLogix5, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, Studio5000, RSView32 and FactoryTalk
- Exposure to any Siemens PLC, HMI and SCADA packages would be advantageous
- Exposure to any Schneider/Modicon PLC, HMI and SCADA packages would be advantageous
- Strong engineering background with a technical knowledge of Control, Automation and Safety Systems applications, equipment and terminology
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and methodical approach to problem solving
- Commercial awareness and the ability to help build the company support base
- Experience working offshore would be advantageous but training will be provided subject to eligibility and passing medical
Salary in between £30-40k pa for the right candidate plus call out and offshore allowances