Xcede are proud to be working with a leading provider of control systems and communicatiobn systems solutions into the transportation infrastructure industry to recruit a Control Systems Project Engineer for their business in Derby
Job Role: Control Systems Project Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 pa plus benefits
As a Control Systems Project Engineer your remit will include:
Working as part of a team who are responsible for the design, implementation and testing of control/integrated digital systems including traffic detection and management, ventilation and pump control, life safety systems, incident management and many more.
What you will bring to the company:
A team player with excellent technical aptitude who has the desire to succeed. You will work as a Systems Engineer within the control system industry having some of the following skills; we do not expect you to have experience in all these areas and for the right candidate on the job training and mentoring will be provided to fill any skills gaps you may have.
- Ability to program a variety of PLCs using Ladder Logic, Function block or Statement List methods.
- Ability to program and configure SCADA software packages and User Interface mimic design.
- Have a high-level of competency in programming languages ranging from C, C++, C#, SQL, VB and VBA.
- Understanding of design and configuration of IP networks.
- Competent at design and testing of ELV electrical panels.
- Ability to configure CCTV, PA and telephone systems over an IP network.
- Professionalism to perform FAT and site commissioning under formal client witnessed conditions.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with our clients.
- Degree/HND in control, electrical, electronic or software engineering.
- Have 2 years' experience in delivering control/integrated systems using some of the desired skills listed above.
What they promise to offer:
In addition to a generous salary, you can expect to receive some other great benefits too.
- 33 floating holidays to take when you like with your entitlement increasing by an additional 2 days every 5 years.
- Performance related bonus.
- Wellbeing benefit - a monthly instalment made in addition to your salary to contribute towards anything that makes you happy.
- Pension scheme.
- Anniversary celebrations it is important to us that we celebrate the commitment and value people have brought to our business over the years.
- Social events - If there is one thing about the business, it is that they love to get social, so this is a big part of their culture.
- Hybrid working - If the pandemic taught us anything it's that we don't need to be in the office 5 days a week, every week, helping towards a not only a positive work life balance but a healthier planet.
- Flexible working giving you the ability to finish at 1pm on Fridays.