For one of our clients in Berlin, a health and fitness company, we're looking for a BI Engineer to support their IT team.
- Architect, build and maintain data pipelines for both internal and external stakeholders
- You will be the integration lead. All the freedom to explore and build on top of our infrastructure or rebuild it from scratch
- Be the essential part of developing the business logic that defines the way the company works.
- Partner with the Business Intelligence, Product & B2B teams on data analysis
- Developing the logic of the Data Warehouse
- We tend to automate processes. You can improve or build automation processes for affiliates, AdWords bidding or even automate display advertising for the company.
- Mainly coding in SQL/Postgresql Python
- The backend server is based on MySQL
- The DWH is based on PostgreSQL hosted on an AWS EC2 instance
- Using Python or Bash scripts for API and database Integrations
- Considering migrating to Redshift and Apache Airflow, where you will be the core part of the infrastructure. It will be up to you as well!
Your experience and education
- 2+ years of experience in Data Engineer integrating API's with a programming language (preferably Python) and a strong background in writing SQL.
- Solid understanding of Linux distributions, Bash and AWS.
- Facility with deriving technical tasks from abstract business questions Experience and interest in working existing and emerging cloud technologies
- An eye for both the big picture and the little details: you are equally comfortable architecting systems like a database or a pipeline, or debugging issues on the scale of individual data points
- Clarity, openness, and enthusiasm in communication with colleagues across domains
- You have the EU work permit.
- a high degree of responsibility from day one
- great company culture with employees who enjoy working together on great projects
- 30 days of vacation for every team member
- team of 35 with employees from all over the world.