Audit Portfolio Manager | Johannesburg
We are currently recruiting for an Audit Portfolio Manager to work on a 12-month contract for a financial institution, based in Johannesburg.
- Comply with regulatory and corporate governance expectations of internal audit functions;
- Report periodically on the measurable performance of GIA, including audit plan delivery and financial performance;
- The delivery and measurable performance of GIA, including audit plan delivery against financial targets;
- Provide insights from the outcomes of internal audit work to appropriate governing bodies, including the GAC and Board Risk Committee, through robust reporting;
- Able to apply cutting edge tools, techniques and processes to audit engagements in order to provide meaningful business insights;
- Demonstrate an ability to understand, analyse and manipulate data through the development and application of quantitative techniques and models;
- Build rapport and understand client current business reality, requirements, risks and expectations and consider key and/or emerging risks in annual audit plan, in order to support relevant GIA reporting;
- Identify and ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and guidelines in terms of the relevant standards and reporting requirements/ guidance;
- Identify and consider internal and external factors to develop and update annual risk-based audit plan with clear levels of accountability; and
- Review the quality, relevance and commerciality of assignment audit reports.
- 5+ years of financial services experience within Audit, Risk, or Quantitative role.
- Experience within a corporate and investment banking environment is essential.
- Market Risk and/ credit risk experience in an audit role would be highly advantageous.
- Working knowledge of financial markets in an investment banking, asset management or similar environment would be highly advantageous.
- Experience with quantitative modelling and knowledge of the associated techniques would be advantageous.
- Experience in a digital (innovative technologies such as robotics etc) and/ or IT (technology systems and infrastructures) environment would be advantageous.
- Accounting or Finance related degree
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA); or
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM); or
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM);
- CA (SA) would be advantageous.
Please apply as soon as possible if you feel you meet all the necessary requirements.