£500 - £520 per day
This is a 6 month role with potential to extend or go permanent and is paying £500 per day.
This is a brand new role within the business and the client want to test out whether to build a full Agile Delivery function. Their existing model has Agile Coaches that work across multiple teams, but they believe that they we would build software more effectively if they had similar people embedded within teams.
As an Agile Delivery Manager you will:
- Be embedded in a cross-functional product team.
- Help define the value that a team is delivering
- Work with your Product Manager to slice the work so that value is being delivered as early as possible
- Work with your Product Manager to find ways to test hypotheses as quickly as possible
- Drive forward continuous improvement within the team.
- Coach the team in agile practices and taking a Lean Startup mindset
- Free the Product Manager and Engineering Lead to focus on building the right product in the right way
- Facilitating team meetings such as stand-ups, planning and retrospectives etc.
- Ensuring the team is constantly experimenting
- Helping expose and facilitate removal of impediments and blockers
- Creation of progress and feedback reporting tools (Burn Down, CFD, Cycle times, etc)
- Protecting the team from outside distractions
What they are looking for
- Strong understanding of the Agile Mindset
- Experience of working within Scrum and Kanban frameworks
- Comfortable challenging the team when needed
- Comfortable doing whatever it takes to unblock the team
- Understanding of Agile Software Development and Testing practices
- Understanding of how to take a Lean Startup approach to building a product
- Someone that understands what it means to be a servant leader