I am currently recruiting for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to work for a Global IT consulting firm to provide IT support on site at a customer location which specialise in luxury cars.
They provides networking and support solutions to large corporations, helping them become more agile, cost-efficient and effective.
- In-depth and detailed support for users in the area of desktop PCs, products and services, mostly during normal operating hours, occasionally in shifts and on-call
- In-depth IT problem diagnosis and handling of complex problems
- Communication with external service providers in the event of IT tickets that cannot be solved directly
- Independent review of the service status, e.g. the time until a ticket is resolved
- Automate and improve IT support processes
- Prompt installation and uninstallation of hardware and software with the help of existing installation tools
- Interface between users and service desk as well as external suppliers
- Execution of hardware and software tests with existing test and diagnostic tools as well as subsequent correction or forwarding, as well as documentation
- Documentation of current hardware and software for updating configuration management
- Professional guidance from colleagues in 2nd level support
- At least 2 years of experience in professional IT support desirable, or demonstrable private experience and affinity for the IT sector
- Experience in working with common operating systems
- Experience in dealing with common applications, e.g. MS Office, Oracle, etc.
- Knowledge of ticketing systems
- Network knowledge (connection of PCs and other network devices, e.g. printers)
- Well-groomed appearance
- Independent way of working
- Willingness to travel in Bavaria